I sure hate it when people try to control me. At times, I can give in because it’s too much of an effort to fight them, but now I’ve had enough and I’m ready to fight. You should, too. You can’t tell me what to do. I’m my own person, I’m the master of my domain, and that’s it. Try me. I’ve got my gloves on.
Oh sorry. I got carried away a little. What I’m really talking about is diet.
If you prepare most of your food, most of the time, then you are on the right track. If not, you may be in trouble.
Do you do any of these things or anything that sounds remotely similar?
1. Go to Mickey Dees and get your Egg McMuffin with coffee and a hashbrown
2. Open the box of Captain Crunch Cereal with whole milk
3. Going to your local Denny’s for a tutti frutti fresh and frutti
4. Open a box of salisbury steak dinner with mashed potatoes and microwave it on high for 20 min
5. Eat a bag of the Flaming Hot Cheetos while watching Kim Kardashian
6. Open a can of my favorite chicken and noodle soup.
Ok these are just a few of many examples of how you are letting the world control your life.
How? When you eat fast food, someone is preparing a meal for you without you really knowing what’s in it or how it was cooked. My sweet cereal: Read the ingredients. What is it really? Sugar laden carbs with very little fiber?
My favorite boxed meal. How did they get it to stay preserved? Uh, yeah this is not fresh…chemicals possibly? Yes canned too…packed with sodium. (I’m already salty baby!)
What’s the point? It’s all so yummy and easy… BUT
As with things that give you immediate gratification, a price must be paid at some point and the price may make you think more before you eat. Don’t let them control what you eat.
What diseases have a direct correlation to what you eat? Oh just the main ones… I’m sure you’ve heard of them.. Diabetes, Heart Disease, Cancer and Stroke. OK, so you don’t care because it’s about quality of life, etc. I want instead of I need. Yeah, yeah I get it, but think about this…quality of life is ruined with disease. It there’s one aspect in your life you can take control, it would be diet. What do I do?
1. Don’t eat anything that comes from a can or a box, or a bag
2. Prepare, as much as you can, your own food.
3. Go organic.
4. If you do want to eat out, ask yourself… is it a Mom and Pop’s place or run by a corporation? Mom and Pop’s is least likely to have chemicals in their food
5. Think fresh (oh he’s fresh baby) . OK not that kind of fresh. Fresh fruit, meat, fish and veggies.
Yes, I know you are going to have some of the bad food some of the time and it may be hard to eliminate it all together but how about avoiding it 90% of the time. That’s all.
Think about it. Life is short…take control.