OMG! I can’t stop eating them. I get home and I have a few, and I wake up and I have more and between meals I’m having some. Actually, I’m not just talking a few nuts… I’m talking easily 20 – 30 nuts per sitting. Yikes. I think as much benefits that nuts have, I have to stop having them! I’ve identified other trigger foods in my diet that is now hands off: potato chips, chocolate, rice, french fries.
BOOYAH! NUTS you are officially on the Addiction list.
How do you know you have a food addiction?
1. You have it at least 4 to 5 times a week.
2. It’s in your kitchen cupboard or fridge right now.
3. You have a stash everywhere: in the office, in your car, under the bed, in the kids room, at your parents house
4. You think it makes a great appetizer or dessert with EVERY meal.
5. You suggest it as part of every office potluck.
6. It’s part of your grocery list.
7. You can’t just have a little. You put it in a small bowl with good intentions, but then refill the bowl again and again.
If you agree with any one of these on the list, you have a food addiction. So what do you do?
The only way to stop the addiction is STOP cold turkey. Don’t say you’ll just have a little, it won’t work. Just stop eating it!
You know you want to CHANGE.
Change is GOOD. Embrace it.