I love obscure music. It really makes me feel good when I’m feeling a little down in the dumps.
Lately, I’ve noticed that I’ve been a bit scattered. How do you not dwell on the bad things? I don’t really know. All I know is I had a hard week. People have let me down, but I tried to keep my head up and concentrate the good stuff.
So what did I do? I looked outside at the beauty of the world around me, listened to good music. I listened when people were trying to be fun. I let their smile make me smile. And I thought about all the things that I am grateful for.
I realized how lucky I truly am. I have the privilege to be in the company of a lot of wonderful people who actually care and love me.
All I can do is spread that love, that sweetness that they have given me and give it right back at them.
This is me having dinner with my friend Linda… I had to cut her off unfortunately because she didn’t want her photo publicized.
So here’s the list that you should do when you’re feeling down:
1. Enjoy the beauty of the outdoors (Go for a walk, and really look around you.)
2. Think of an event that makes you feel good. ( When I lost my phone, I had 15 friends who whole heartedly helped me look. And when they found it in my sunglasses case, they didn’t get mad they just laughed with me.)
3. Think of an event that makes you laugh time and time again. ( When I didn’t wear my glasses or contacts and I ran right into the screen door at a party. I had mesh marks on my forehead.)
4. Try to remember that perfect kiss. (It was unexpected, and a perfect surprise.)
5. Play with a puppy. (They just want to play, they don’t care if you’re sad.)
6. Eat 1 perfect dessert. (Don’t binge, just eat your favorite cupcake, or cookie or cheesecake.)
7. Have a cup of coffee with a friend. ( Nothing like laughing, and don’t talk about your sadness.)
8. Dress up. (Wear something beautiful.)
9. Workout ( My favorite! Nothing like a good exercise session to keep your heart pumping)
10. Be spectacular. (If you believe it, you will be !)