Fast, Fast, quick, quick, slow…la, la, la, la, la… la, la, la, la
Yes, I’m singing again… it keeps me sane in this insane world. I know I’m dramatic. What’s life without drama?
Ok now to more important things.
My fasts are becoming more successful now. I think I’m getting used to it. Have you ever reached desperation to reach your desired weight. I think I’m there. The strange thing is that with all the desperation we have it is so difficult to follow the rules still.
I was having a talk with my friend Jenelle and she was proposing I give up sugar for 30 days. Even that seems daunting. I told her flat out that I don’t want to, that I can’t, and I am incapable. I associate all the desserts, and sweets to things that are luxurious and special in life. Maybe that’s bad. Memories I have are based on the dessert that I enjoyed in the company of friends, etc. I’m not even sure if I can last five days. It’ll have to be a compromise. It’s a process. For now, I will try. I will give it up for a week. One day at a time.
I used to hate sweets a long time ago, in my former days when starving was not an option. I would get those jealous looks from other girls asking me how I stayed so thin. At the time, it was not by choice but because I was poor. So why would giving up sweets seem so daunting? Even the days where I didn’t eat very much, I would treat myself once a week to a pint of Ben and Jerry’s Chunky Monkey.
Well, me dear friends, habits are made to be broken.
What habits do you have? Do you have a chocolate croissant every morning for breakfast, or a candy bar every afternoon at 2?
Do you have pancakes, or sweet bread with nutella, or strawberry cheesecake?
Well, we need to break those habits.
As difficult as it may seem, it can be done.
- Instead of a your sugary chocolate chip cookie, have an apple or find a dessert replacement like strawberries or a delicious protein shake.
- Instead of a candy bar, eat a rice cake with peanut butter
- Instead of having that half a donut, take a brisk walk
- Instead of a sweet breakfast, have an omelette with veggies
- Instead eating dessert, try no dessert. (Believe me, you’ll get used to it)
- Instead of a milkshake, have a protein shake (same without the mega calories).
- Instead of that Starbucks Caramel Macchiato with sugary syrup, try and iced coffee with sweet and low or splenda.
- And last of all be vigilant, start new habits.
You will realize, as you start changing your habits, you will have better habits. And you won’t crave that tootsie roll at 2:00 anymore.
As always, peace and love.