Yeah, I take this bottle, and my daily goal is to finish it all in one day. The bottle said equal to 8 glasses of water. Sometimes I get a little more, sometimes less. Why bother to drink you say? Ha! I know drinking water is so boring compared to drinking hot chocolate, your cup of joe, your sugary sweet drink from S-bucks and the like. Yeah, I’m the same way. Believe me, if I could get a way with drinking a warm fuzzy hot chocolate with marshmallows.., I would. ANYWAY, this isn’t my fantasies of sugary foods, this is about getting enough liquids in that hot bod of yours.
So you say your body’s not hot? Well imagine it getting hot, with the new you, and AGUA is a big part of it. Imagine all those clogged little things stuck in your body, not finding a way to get out?
1) Did you know that water can help you lose weight? How?!!! Drinking water as opposed to a sugary drink can save calories. It will keep your stomach full. Many times thirst is mistaken for hunger so it can curb your appetite without the cals.
2) Does your skin look not up to par lately. You noticed you’ve become flakey, as opposed to supple and soft. Uh, DRINK WATER.
3) If you exercise a lot you lose more bodily fluids then the normal person. You’re cramping up… geez, there’s a reason people bring water bottles to the gym. Add BCAA’s to make it at least taste like something. That might help.
4) Drinkin’ that extra cup of joe? Well, you should drink water to counteract the effects of coffee. Notice how coffee goes in and out of you in a matter of minutes? There you go. Drink water.
5) Drink for your digestive system. You want things running smoothly don’t you? A clog in the plumbing system? Drink. Did you know it can prevent colon cancer? If that’s not reason enough, I don’t know what is.
6) For your kidneys! Why would you care about that? Well have you ever heard of kidney stones? Those things hurt and it aint pretty.
SO Drink, drink, drink people…. WATER that is!
1. Kathleen M. Zelman, MPH, RD, 6 Reasons to Drink Water. Retrieved from