I miss Hawaii. Of course, I’m in California so it’s not as cold as other places…BUT my body ain’t built for cold and it’s 35 degrees at night here. So I got my knit cap on and I’ve been sick again all weekend. I’ve been drinking hot tea.. Not just one cup but 10 cups today? Yes. I’m trying to clear my system for whatever it’s got. I did go to the DOC’s and it’s pretty bad. I won’t bore you with the details. I was born in an island and I was meant to be on an island.
What I did do is workout.
inverted pull ups
Repeat 5 x
After this I did a class which was body weight exercises, spin 20 min. and various sit-up exercises.
It may not be Hawaii, but you can create your own Hawaii. It may not be the same but it may actually make you feel better. Here’s what you do:
1. Post pictures of Hawaii on the wall at your home gym you are working out at.
2. Wear a flower or lei when you are eating your dinner.
3. Practice your hula in front of the mirror. Keep doing it till it matches what you saw at the Luau.
4. Think of the Hawaiian, way… be peaceful, be friendly, be lovely in every way.
5. Eat healthy Hawaiian foods: Poke, sushi, pork, fish and vegetables.
6. Listen to Hawaiian music while walking on the treadmill.
7. Speak pigeon talk.
8. Learn more Hawaiian words.
And that’s it. It’s the Hawaiian way.