I’m pretty lazy when it comes to my diet, so I try to keep myself on track by making it easy for myself as much as possible. That means buying ready to eat protein, veggies on the go and fruit. How do I do that you ask?
A sample of my grocery list:
- 1 package of already cut veggies
- 1 package of fresh cut fruit
- salmon to go packs
- Uncle Ben’s Brown Rice to go
- La Tortilla Factory Low Carb Whole Wheat
- Chicken of the Sea White Tuna in Water To-Go Cups
- 1 package of tri-color coleslaw
- 1 bag of small apples
- 1 bag of small tangerines
- 1 frozen pack of frozen veggies
- 1 box of Power Crunch bars in triple chocolate (for a quick after workout meal)
- 1 5 lb bottle of Syntha-6 Protein Powder in Vanilla Ice Cream Flavor
- 1 23 oz Egg Beaters (Egg Whites)
- One big can of tuna, low cal mayo, onion powder (for tuna salad)
- 1 Kashi Go Lean Cereal
- 1 Post Shredded Wheat (No Sugar)
- Athletic Greens (Pricey but worth it)
- One package of O.N.E. Coconut juice 4 11.2 Fl. oz cartons (This is jam packed with potassium 600+) You gotta get the small version, because for some reason this has more potassium.
- Whole Wheat crackers
- 1 bottle of natural peanut butter
- Almonds (Sea salt if you have to have salt in it, otherwise raw)
I know myself. In the beginning, I used to try to try to cook 6 meals a day. I was running myself ragged and I don’t even have kids. It was ridiculous. I knew something had to change, because if I didn’t cook a meal, I’d eat bad… like really bad. And some days, I just didn’t feel like cooking all that. I work a full time extremely stressful job, so eating on the go was important to keep on track.
Some things to save you time:
- Make tuna for the next three days. Then you’re set for a protein snack with whole wheat crackers. You get fiber and protein in each bite.
- Get Tupperware! Prepackage your fruit and veggies in Tupperware for the week.
- If all else fails make your protein, eat it with your brown rice and add a veggie and your set.
- Get a insulated big lunch bag to pack your stuff. Get the kind you can freeze in the freezer. http://www.amazon.com/PackIt-Freezable-Lunch-Bag-Polka/dp/B0049CVWCK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1396937905&sr=8-1&keywords=insulated+freezable+lunch+bags
- Kashi cereal’s got your protein, your fiber and some calcium when you add milk.
- Make a shake with your protein powder and your fruit. Get the Bullet or any single serve blender. http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-51101B-Personal-Blender/dp/B0017XHSAE/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&srs=5387591011&ie=UTF8&qid=1396938054&sr=8-1-catcorr&keywords=single+serve+blender
- Take your peanut butter, your whole wheat tortilla and stuff a banana in it. A nice healthy treat.
- Cook a quick 5 egg omelet and add some mozzarella cheese. Cut it into 3 pieces and you’ve got a snack for the next couple days.
- For the super lazy, eat tuna right out of your to-go cups, put it on whole wheat crackers and apples for fiber.
You get the idea. There’s dozens of ways to get things fast. Make it easy for yourself… don’t make it a chore.
As I’ve said before:
- Make it easy.
- Make it yummy.
- Make it fast.
I’m gettin’ sleepy now. Good night my furry friends…
Peace and love,